Carer Permit Information

  1. This parking permit is free and is issued to Merton residents who are housebound or hold a valid Blue Badge. It allows someone to park in your controlled parking zone (CPZ) when they are visiting you. Your visitor must display the permit in their vehicle and use the designated parking bays.

    This is limited to one permit per resident.

    To be eligible for this permit your home must be in a controlled parking zone and must not be a permit-free development. Check if you’re eligible.

    Apply now

    You will need to provide one of the following:

    • A copy of a signed and dated formal tenancy agreement or lease agreement for where you live
    • A copy of your mortgage completion letter within the last 12 months
    • A copy of a solicitor’s letter confirming purchase of the property

    If you do not have the above you will need to provide two of the following dated within the last 3 months:

    • Gas, water, electricity, telephone (landline) or council tax document
    • Housing, child, pension or income support benefit book
    • Driving license (3 month date restriction doesn't apply)

    You will also need to provide a copy of your Blue Badge if you have one. If you are not a Blue Badge holder we will require further supporting documents.

    The supporting documentation will need to be written and confirmed by a GP or any other organisation who are providing a care package.